The Somerville Police Department urges parents and caregivers to ensure that car seats and booster seats are properly installed in their vehicles to prevent injuries or even death.
General Safety Guidelines:
- Select a car seat based on your child's age, height, and weight.
- Keep your child in the car seat for as long as possible, as long as your child fits the seat's height and weight requirements.
- All children under 13 should ride in the back seat.
- Follow your car seat manufacturer's instructions and your vehicle owner's manual on how to install
- Get help from a certified officer during our monthly child safety seat checkpoint
This service is only available to Somerville residents with proof of residency. To book an appointment you the contact information below.
Phone: 617-625-1600 x7264
For more information about child safet seats, please visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Divisions Website.